A little about me:
• Nature enthusiast, heart full of wanderlust.
• I grew up in the wild forests of Alaska and northern Michigan. I have now lived in the desert of Phoenix, AZ with my partner, two kids and dog for many years.
I love our saguaros, desert animals and plants, plus our great hiking preserves, but still try to visit lush forests often. Something about the clean air, chirping birds, the moss, the smell of composting forest floor… oh, it all feels like home.
• Animal lover. I could never pick a favorite.
• Moss makes me ridiculously happy. I occasionally daydream about becoming a creative botanist.
• Fave smells: line dried sheets, forest scents and lilacs.
• Autism advocate. My son was officially diagnosed in April, 2011. He constantly opens my eyes to new ways of seeing everything and everyone around us.
• Full-time, life long night owl - which is probably why I say hello to birds.
• I love that first breath of chilled air when you step outside in Alaska, in February. The wooooooosh of clean icy oxygen, ooh so good.
Select clients include:
Design House Greetings, Michael Miller Fabrics, Bed Bath & Beyond, Robert Kaufman Fabrics, TJX (TJMaxx, Home Goods, Marshalls), Waffle Flower Crafts, Christmas Tree Shops, Michaels, The Lindy Bowman Company, Walmart, Creative Converting, Seaman Paper, Current, Inc.
Press and Publications:
Three designs included in Uppercase Magazine's Surface Pattern Design Guide, second edition.
Also quoted in the bonus creative journal, which went out to subscribers.
Print and Pattern Blog
Floral design included in the "Fun Decorating" section.
Rise Design & Shine : Designer Spotlight